Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Loaves are a great, filling treat for little lunch, afternoon tea, or after school sports time. I always try to make sure there is at least one home baked treat ready for lunch boxes and this one is a favourite for me because it is pretty easy to whip up.
I feel the need to impress upon you just how great these are. But once you make them yourself, you’ll see. They don’t stick around too long here!
I originally made this as a loaf of plain ole banana bread. I added choc chips one day just for shits and giggles and it kind of stuck. But it’s banana’s, so that makes it healthy, right?!
Scouring the Kmart shelves (as I do) I found these awesome silicone mini loaf trays, which makes freezing them so much easier!
Dive in! Have some baking fun and get your family involved.
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 bananas
- 200g choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the loaf pan
- Beat eggs in a small bowl
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a medium bowl
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large bowl. Add the sugar gradually whilst continually beating until combined
- Add the eggs to the oil and sugar mix
- Add some of the dry ingredient mix to the large bowl and beat well
- Add some of the mashed bananas and beat
- Continue with this method until all ingredients are mixed together
- Add choc chips to the mixture and lightly stir through
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes
- Remove from the loaf pan and cool. Enjoy!