It’s School Holidays here in NSW and we are in desperate need of some morning and afternoon tea! I made these double choc muffins and they are absolutely scrumptious. They are great for a snack, or even dessert, and yes they will even be amazing as lunchbox treats (even though I know you don’t want to be thinking about school drop off and pick ups just yet).
This recipe is super freezer friendly – freeze them in the muffin tray after baking until hard to the touch, then place them in containers, ziplock bags or cling film. Whatever takes your fancy.
These are a hit with the whole family. So much so, I wish I made a double batch.
I hope your family love them too!
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with patty cases
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder together
- Mix through sugar and chocolate chips
- Add all liquid ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Don't over mix
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until they have risen. If you are unsure, poke a skewer through the centre of a muffin and if it comes out dry they are cooked
Today I am linking up at
Fabulous Foodie Fridays at Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make
Thanks for stopping by,